Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Take A Step Back, Jump Forward.

After a season there is always a short but extremely needed break where you allow the legs to recover and give the liver a lil' punishment. Jokes, gotta stop thinking bout booze all the time.. But during this short break what seems to go through my head is all the things I did wrong, or the things i didn't do, or the things I could/should have done. It's really quite a horrible stress on the mind. This year after CIS our guys team had a very somber meeting back on Bernies Farm. We all (the whole team not just the CIS squad) sat around in a circle and said how the race went, how the season went, what could be improved, what worked well. Both tears and laughs filled the room as we went around and shared. In the end we worked out a couple things.

1. focus on CIS
2. take workouts seriously
3. race less (if possible)
4. just like both DC and AP mentioned, do all the little things.

The little things, a term often used, but is it really understood?
what are the little things? From my understanding they are ABC's, strides, abs, sleep, and pool running if you are going to be hard core about it. So, thats what I am gunna do, the little things.

Now I would really like to share all the things that I did wrong and didn't do etc etc but the break ended and running again ensued and something weird happened... Something that has happened before but can only be described with one line:

 I'm not sure what to do with my hands....

Its weird. Hopefully it happens to more than just me.

rj



No comments:

Post a Comment