Sunday, November 25, 2012

Winter is coming

Well we just had our first real snowfall over here, you know how sometimes you get those ones where it snows for 15 minutes and none of it stays, or it blizzards for a good 20 and it only stays for a day at most, but not this one. This one was a solid full day of flurries, the weather man says that it should be similar every day this week ( I think it would be a stressful job being the weatherman, if you get it wrong everyone would have their hate on for you)  anyway snow always puts everybody in the Christmas spirit. Went for a yog this afternoon and noticed how many people were putting their Christmas lights and  Christmas trees up which led me to remember that rj and dc are coming home in like less then a month, that's crazy, so excited to see them, it also led me to think about eggnog, damn that stuff is good... I guess where I was going with this is ski season is almost here! I've been waiting for snow since the minute after Ofsaa cross and now it's finally come! There's going to be nothing like getting those skis all waxed up and hitting the trails or in dc's case getting those shoes that would be in the form of some racket on and hittin' the trails.

Well the off season is over, started going for 3 or 4 jaunts a week, doing a lot of strengthening and leg power work I think it's paying off because man does it ever feel good, my legs feel fresh but my stride feels super awkward, it's almost like I've forgotten how to run, I'm debating whether it's just all the power work i've been doing without running over the off season or if it's just the fact that I haven't been running either way I'm guessing that'l fix itself after a few strides, abc's and miles.

Anyway I'd like to wish rj a happy belated birthday because I don't think I ever got around it so umm happy 19 years and one month birthday! oh yeah and dc to happy 19 years 2 months and 2 days birthday!
-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment