Thursday, November 08, 2012

Contenders NOT Pretenders.

A cool breeze flows through the crowd of people, every one stripping down to there respective school colours and myself wearing the blue and white and the big block X. It was a long journey to get to this starting line and getting here is not the end, for there is 10 more kilometres. This race is the beginning, the beginning of something amazing. To my left and right are the boys that mean everything to me, and I would sacrifice myself for them, for the team. Its race day, its cool, crisp, the sun is trying to break through the clouds but the rain is winning.  "LETS GO BOYS!" We chant. "GO X GO" We scream. Nothing but pure adrenaline flows through my veins, and then there was silence, a calm creeped over the entire field, nothing stirred. We leaned over the line and then a BANG. A stampede ensued and the silence was broken to thousands of screams of which none can be made out for the noise hits you like a tidal wave. The race is on.

WE ARE CONTENDERS NOT PRETENDERS,

Look out.

rj

No comments:

Post a Comment