Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Young speed, old miles

When I look outside I think I can physically see the cold in the air, it's been absolutely ridiculous lately, anything under 20 degrees Celsius is far to cold for me and it seems that's all that has been happening lately, a day or two of warmth then boom a whole week of freezing your ass off and on top of that it's that time of year where the base miles  really starting to crank up, it's almost like mother nature is challenging my dedication to running, I swear if you graphed the weather you could see an almost linear declination of temperature and if it were compared to a graph of my hate of the cold you can see that they would be negative reciprocals without a doubt. Anyway, I recently came to the realization that I won't always be able to work on speed as effeciently as my youth, I mean I read a few articles here and there that explained that it was significantly harder to work on speed as you pass your prime in age. My initial thoughts were whatever, however I came to the conclusion that my prime  isn't to much longer from now and I haven't been working on my speed nearly as much as I should be. So with this in mind I came to a conclusion, young speed, old miles. I figured i'l have plenty of time to put in the miles but won't always be able to put in the speed because of old people problems such as joints, bad backs and beer guts so might as well get as much of it has I can right now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just drop the miles but I'm not going to put as much emphasis on it as I presently do.
Anyways let us all don our tucs, mits and neck warmers and face the cold that plagues us all with miles and smiles, take that mother nature!

-Ap

No comments:

Post a Comment