Tuesday, October 09, 2012

My World It Smiles, We Run The Miles.

Thanksgiving was this past weekend, and I found myself far away from home, I was all the way down in Yarmouth Nova Scotia. The most southern point in the little province and was it ever the prettiest little town I have ever seen. Went down south with a couple buddies to one of their homes for some turkey and fun, and did we ever have a ton of fun! Missed the family a lot though, missed the Turkey Trot (5km race in my town), winner gets a turkey. I guess I'll cut right to the chase, things I am thankful for this year.

All the guys on the team, they are just the best of folks. We have such a strong sense of team pride due to the fact that we are one of the forgotten treasures of X athletics. Another great thing about our team is how close we all are, coaches are always saying that its all about good team dynamics. Our team has the weirdest team dynamics ever, all we do is chirp the s*** out of each other, no one is safe. The funniest part too is how against the girls team we are, it's actually sad how boring they are. But, I'm not going to complain, without the girls team it's just a bunch of guys running around naked.

That's a good into the next thing I'm thankful for, is the stories that occur on the run. Some that can be laughed about, cried over, and others never spoken of. One of the best ones this year must be chasing down Olympians, where I met Eric Gillis. Another that still haunts my dreams is a LSD on a sunday not to long ago where we were recovering from the race and beers from the day before when this guy comes running after us, at first we were happy to see runners out, but once the towel came off and his junk began to flop back and forth with every stride the team took off like rockets. About 4 minutes later he finally gave up either to exhaustion or because we were running up one of the busiest streets in the town and multiple cars would have seen his white a** chasing us.

Last but not least, my family, they are cool people! I miss them a ton.

rj

No comments:

Post a Comment