Tuesday, October 30, 2012

All Alone In The Moonlight, I Remember.

Just recently I realized that certain songs remind me of certain events that happened in my life. It's the strangest thing, but I've talked to others about this and they said it occurs with them too. Either way, I created a small list of songs and the stories associated with them. I must say the list consists of some pretty good tunes ranging from boys bands to folk.

Where to start though is the question...

High School. Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf. This one is a one liner, barely seventeen and barely dressed.

Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show. Grade 12 winter, every time DC, SM, and I would drive down to O-town for some indoor meets we would blast this tune as we flew down the highway. One time we went down in a blizzard and we came home with 13 second pb's. Myself and DC ran 4:07 that day. Twas a blast minus the fact that we drove 60km/hour the whole way there and the race was 40min late. Oh, and we ran 400m too that day, ran a 59. Please don't laugh.

If Ya Gettin' Down - 5iveBenabus Jonses showed me this one, I think it was on much dance '95... Yeah he owned that album! Craziness. Either way the night he showed us this tune we were on our way to Pizza Hut with LS for the family fun feast for 6. This meal is huge too, it consists of one monster salad, one monster bowl of pasta, 4 garlic breads with cheese, and 2 large pizzas. We had one rule, no vomiting. We did it and were the first 3some to ever complete the task.

Who's That Chick - David Guetta ft Rihanna. OFSAA 2011. Its was DC and my's first track OFSAA, we just got to the track, and boom we hear it, we feel the beat, we start grooving and swaying. I'm telling you, it was the coolest entrance ever (next to maybe..... this one), got so jacked up!

Electrolove - Kuba Oms. Can sum it up with one name, Freddy. And one letter, X. And one word, Frosh. Basically every party at the slampiece (XC guys home) that song was played at least 6 times. Thanks Fred.

Finally the main event. Good Day - Nappy Roots. Over the weekend we were in Halifax for the AUS XC Championships, it was wild! Race went well. Did what I had to do. Now its time to gear up for the formal. Not the point though, The girls raced first, and was it ever a nail biter, I think X won by maybe 5 points. Then the guys were off (thats me) and we killed it as expected, but still. Now where the song comes into play, after the race before the cool down we were all just chilling and being happy and stuff and we start walking and then we start grooving, then we are having a dance party in the middle of the road. Wild! Side note, turned old last week, so once back at X we celebrated a tad, and danced the night away.

Two weeks till the formal.
see ya'll there
rj


No comments:

Post a Comment