Thursday, October 18, 2012

Volvo

Seems like as soon as boys, sorry men** hit puberty they make reasons to grow their facial hair. Some examples being Movember and Decembeard. Another good one is the evolution of the hockey playoff mullet or mohawk to the playoff beard. But as a fairly cleanly society for the most part, minus the homeless and the people who dont like soap society makes us create reasons for our facial hair, like how Movember is for testicle cancer, I'm not saying I have a problem with the events purpose, but why can't we just grow beards for the sake of growing beards. Brings me to my next point.

November is awful chilly when you are in nothing but shorts and a small shirt (pinny/jersey), and I don't think it's legal to race in a mask (balaclava). So what do we do? We stand up! We fight! WE GROW CROSS BEARDS! Sadly though this does fall under the category of society making us create a reason for our beards. None the less, mine is in full swing and nothing is stopping this one. Not even a lady!

So I thought I would create my general rules for a XC beard.

1. beard starts either the day oh the first race, or the 1st day of training camp.
2. no shaving it untill after CIS, NCAA,OFSAA, PEISSAA.
3. allowed to trim it into a stache for movember if you want.
4. its allowed to be nasty.

May the beard be with you.

rj

No comments:

Post a Comment