Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Welcome Home??

Back in my home town, back to my old life,
Glad to see some old faces, sad too leave all the new ones.

Home is weird, doesn't feel like I belong here, only 4 months till I'm back at X, until then onward with the  Summer Of Love. I reunited with half of "Benny and the Jets", BJ and SM, both greeted me with huge hugs. Now we all await for one more to join our party, Durr. He is the other half of NPS and makes his first appearance this friday. Can't wait.

As I try to write this, I realized why I loved being 17 hours away so much, there was no family problems to deal with. But, dont wanna get into that, not worth the rant.

So as stated by DC it looks like we will have three men in the Olympic Marathon, it's even more exciting because we havent had any since '96. Go Canada! Now we wait for a few other Canadians to make there attempts for the standard giving them a ticket to London. Before I forget, I mean, how can I forget, CAM LEVINS. Punched a ticket to London last Saturday night, ran 13:18 for 5km with a last quarter in 55 seconds out kicking the indoor NCAA record holder Lawi Lalang. What a run by the young Canadian.

Back to reality, feeling kinda sluggish the last two days, dont know whats up... lack of sleep I'd say. I can deal. Next problem is wether or not to race on saturday... I'll figure it out later.

Gahh... This whole thing is out of whack, there is no order. I'm going mad! I need to get back to X!

Alright, common theme of every post, I can always share a good story about drinking, seems to be the only thing that I do. Last night at X my Pops decides to buy me 42 beers... I'll tell you again if you missed it, he bought me 42 beers. The only thing I said was, "you know I'm a light weight right?" Anyways, finished my last exam and cracked open the first one. felt sooo good. Went over to a get together with a bunch of XC guys and gals, dropped the brews upon the floor and said "my father came in the form of Santa Claus, enjoy." I think I made about 4 new friends that night. Got into the pub for free and didn't have to wait in line, gosh you have to love the older girls on the team. Danced the night away, said my good byes left the pub almost in tears... Nope, just kidding Imma man, and men don't cry. Had a pit stop on my way back to my room, said good bye to a few more people. Then finally ended up passing out at around 4am. Solid night, until i had to get up at 7am to drive 17 hours back to my home. DEATH!!

Either way I made it. Much catching up to do with all my friends back at home. Looks like I'll be telling the same stories back to back for a couple weeks.

Umm.. I'll end it there cause I feel like I have said to much BS and no real quality. It'll be better next week I promise.

RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment