Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Summer of Love


The nickname I have given the this up coming summer. Other than working it should live up to its name. Lots of fun events planned and such but I'll talk about them when they become relevant. Just going to point this out there but, DC MISSED HIS WEEKEND POST. Oh well, he is now slightly humiliated.

Thought I'd change it up this week and give a little jogging up date. About a month in, feeing absolutely fantastic. Had a rough time this indoor track, couldn't find any speed, and training on a paved road for a lot of it. Now though, with spring in the air, and the snow pretty much all melted I can go back to basics. For the last 3 weeks I have maybe spent 3 hours on paved roads, I have been on the trails like they are going outa style. Building up some mileage too, dont need the 100mile weeks yet, saving those for later. Moving pretty slow, like I said back to basics. Strides and Drills. All Day, Every Day.

Also hitting up a little race action first weekend back from X, hopefully I've been doing something right. A 10km in O-town, the wiener gets some hefty prize money which could get myself and DC to Oly Trails, COUGH Jr Nats COUGH.

I guess the Beer Mile would count as jogging. Haha. Didn't get the result i was hoping for, but did quite respectable, sub 9 minutes. 25 minutes after it hit me. I'll end the story there. Long night. Very long night.

Now back to a world that isn't so boring, what is new in my life... Well, actually this is kinda boring. For the next 3 weeks I'm going to lock myself in a room and study my heart out, my balls off, etc etc.

EXAMS!!

Yepp, I'm home the 22nd or 23rd depends if my father wants to stop in QC and hit up the bars or not. Hopefully my mom doesn't read this. S*** I told her about this blog today... Guess I'll be home the 22nd. Damn the 18hours I'll be sitting in a car.

Anyways, sorry for being boring.
RJ

One exciting thing, trimmed the leg and chest hair. I'm hoping timeless time comes soon.

Side note: Took me like an hour to type this whole thing out, got lost listening to one of the most legendary rock bands of all time, Pink Floyd. Their 1st album, which came out during The Summer of Love. 1967.

No comments:

Post a Comment