Sunday, March 11, 2012

This City's Gunna Eat You Up and Spit You Out

72,000. The number of little blue tiles are on the walls outside of the pool. 52. The average number of laps completed in 70 minutes. This is day 13  but there is a glimmer of hope in the distance... 4 nights past, as I was going through my sexy log book, it occured to me that in high school, if I felt a muscle problem coming on, I'd just load it up with weights and press, curl, or rep the hurt right out of it in fitness class. Why did I ditch such a grand philosophy? Something hurts? LOAD IT UP WITH WEIGHT, BABY! Kill the weakness, you know? Armed with this invaluable information, over the last few days the ankle's getting better and soon the pool will be nothing but a bad memory. Who cares if I'm too stiff to walk and can't feed myself? My second option if running did't work out was the bodybuilding club anyways. Lesson learned: If it works, do it (even if it's not in Lore).

But more importantly, last week, I (almost) got mugged! On my way back from the library, 1:00 thursday night. 3 drunk-and-stumbling engineers are making their way towords me and out of nowhere, one of em says to another, "Hey, you should hit that guy!" clearly pointing to me. Yeah, great idea, just pick a fight with a random stranger. Stupid engineers and your drunk logic! So the two guys get right up in my face beside me, and the other guy reaches back, winds up, pulls up his arm - and - ...swats me with a newspaper. Right on the boob. I took it like a man, walked it off. Next time I meet a gang, I'll be ready.

Keep rockin,
DC

No comments:

Post a Comment