Monday, March 19, 2012

The Red Light District

Well s***. I don't think I can do any better than that post by DC, look at it, pictures, quotes, videos, words... the whole shebang. I'll do what I can though. So as he stated just rocking base miles, gunna be a big build up, so nothing to interesting about jogging is gunna hit here for a couple weeks at least. Anyways, starting back up again always has its problems.

1. What are we training for?
2. Red Lights.
3. Drinking.

Onward to short explanations of each one.

1. It's Olympic year... Duh.

2. So was out with my team for a little yog, getting things going again. 5 minutes away from campus, and boom, we get that orange hand telling us not to cross the highway. Being a highway and all we figured that it was to be a long wait. And a long wait it was, as i stood there I thought about two things, the chances of me getting hit if i crossed, and what it would be like if there were no roads. The first option reminded me of frogger, but more so of a very funny Seinfeld episode:


After about 30 seconds of contemplating of what I should do. I sprinted across the highway. All is well considering im still here.

Now about the roads, I haven't yet been back, for the last week, my running has been only on the trails.
3. St. Patricks Day was just but 3 days ago and more than half of campus is still trying to recover. Funny the whole evolution of that day, I can remember my mom coming home from Old Navy when I was but a small boy and being like "hey kids, I got you green shirts that say 'top o'the morning to you'." Then for a couple years, grade 7-9, it was kinda just another day. Then as high school continued and kids began to find drinking fun so there would be a party and stuff. Now being in university it consists of way too many Irish Car Bombs way to early in the morning, followed by endless amounts of other alcohol, then to finish the night singing of as many Irish tunes you know. You wake up the next morning still in the green clothes you fell asleep in, stumble to meal hall, and continue to recover well into the evening.

On another note, possibly less interesting but on sunday at 4pm I was on live radio. Playing music to world. It's not my radio show I was kinda a special guest because SD's normal partner was away I was asked to fill in. I dont know if I ever will get a chance to go back, but they do play some pretty good tunes, check it out it out Sundays at 4pm (Nova Scotia Time) at The FOX.

Okay, lets see here, I got a video. No pictures, but my link makes up for that. Oh, a quote.
A personal favorite.

"It Just Hasta Be"- Scally Mills

RJ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment