Tuesday, March 19, 2013

If it's what it takes

So this afternoon i looked down at the calendar and realized, hey! There's only like 2 day's until spring! I was so pumped the only thoughts that were running through my mind is shirtless runs, shirtless durr and shritless burr, but then, in the midst of my day dreaming I looked outside and saw the -18 degree weather and the seemingly never ending snowfall.... I was pissed, and frankly I still am! When the calendar says spring time i damn well want my spring time, that picture perfect spring time that you see in those children books or teletubbies where the sun is shining the snow is almost gone the flowers blooming the trees budding all that good stuff but no all I get is snow! Anyway enough of my rant about the non existent spring because it's well, non existent. So phase 2 of the track season has finished, finally get to start doing some break downs, all seems to be going good, except for one thing, the good ol' shins are starting to feel the mileage great, so the only things I can do is hope for it to not get worse and well ice, i guess that's the only bonus of it being winter right now is free ice and if it's what it takes, i'll do it!


So basically what I did was take snow from the outdoors, put it in a bucket and built a snow fort around my leg, that didn't really seem to work because the snow fort kept failing so i just filled the snow bucket with water for one of the coldest lower leg ice baths i've ever experienced, i'll probably just ice all night like this, i'm doing it right now because i have to bucket stationed right next to my laptop and everytime i have enough balls to put my leg in for a minute i do it. Lately I realized that for some reason, I have the inabillity to not run a workout or do a run, no matter how much i'm in pain, for some reason I just can't take a break or elliptical or something, because for some reason in my mine i think i'm going to get like 20 seconds slower even tho i know it's not the case and i also realize that no matter what anyone tells me i will never learn, i'll probably have to end up getting injured to learn my lesson oh well i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

Anyway stay classy Santiago

-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment