Monday, February 09, 2015

With Two Feet and a Heart Beat I Can Do Anything.

     Not everything has necessarily went according to plan over the last couple years. From being burnt to a f***ing crisp, to never wanting to run again, to a 5 month injury, to seasons of mediocre results and sub par performances. Now here I am starting to build for the summer and ultimately my final university season. I am putting the past behind me and looking only towards the future. And the future looks pretty good as long as this snow melts; I'm already feeling imprisoned in February. So to get right down to it the plan is fairly simple: be consistent, be patient, learn from past mistakes, listen to the body, recover, and finally pursue excellence.

     I understand that this plan is fairly abstract, but for past 2 years I have spent days formulating a 4 month plan for the summer and although it has been successful, I don't want to feel tied down to something right now. I want to run unattached to words on paper.  When looking at a predetermined schedule I always notice that I can already tell how the week is going to feel and how I will react to the stress. Although this is a nice way to train, I want to leave my comfort zone.

     With that in mind, I have to admit I have given my brain to much power in the decision making dealing with my running career. Therefore from this point foreword I will attempt to let both my body and my heart do the decision making. Not god, sorry Ryan Hall that plan hasn't really worked out for you. In which I have one lofty goal for the next 365 days. And it is to break all of my current personal bests from the half marathon down to the 400m and also break my personal best from a 28km trail race that I like to do and the beer mile too and chase the course record at the Deep River 6x1mile relay.



Cheers,

 rj.


p.s. if you want in on the deep river 6x1mile course record attempt contact me, free beer if we get the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment