Tuesday, February 05, 2013

My Cotton T-Shirt

So, due to the horrid weather in Antigonish Nova Scotia I have been forced inside for a couple days of running. The DREADMILL, the GERBAL MACHINE, the treadmill... has been what I have been making love too rather than the beautiful open roads and endless trails. So In classic NPS spirit, we learn from each other I and took advice from my favorite Mid/Long Distance Elliptical-er and didnt leave the gym till my shirt was very soaked. But while going hard on this death machine, I truly took noticed to what I was wearing, due to the 1000 mirrors we have in our gym. I was wearing my favorite cotton t-shirt, and germany short shots. The next big thing, is why cotton, old people wear cotton... And all that stuff about how cotton is bad fer you, and you should wear athletic fibres and what not. F*** them, I love working out in cotton. It feels amazing, it breaths! I feel like I'm going a tad over board with my love of cotton, and I'm okay with that. So much so, that I wrote a poem about my favorite cotton t-shirt.

THE COTTON T-SHIRT


The cotton t-shirt that hangs over my chair.
it’s seen enough, it would only be fair,
to hang it up for good, its seen it’s fair share.

This cotton t-shirt you don’t understand.
it’s seen enough, for its had a hand,
in making me who I am.

My sweat has seen every part of the shirt.
This one shirt has seen a lot of hurt.
My hurt is different though…

I am a runner and my favorite t-shirt has seen many miles.
And all the miles have brought many smiles.

This cotton t-shirt is yellow and very faded,
its one those things when wearing I feel naked.
I love it.

My cotton t-shirt is a tad to small.
I got it when I was short, now I am tall.
I’ve worn this shirt many days in a row.

I’ve worn this shirt so much its almost done.
I’ve had too much fun, on the run.

I'm no Shakespeare
And me and my t-shirt aren't going out like Romeo and Juliet.

rj

No comments:

Post a Comment