Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Oh Brothers Lets Go Down, Lets go Down, Come On Down.

“You can’t flirt with the track, you must marry it.” – Bill Easton
I've seen this quote 1000 times. Its one of the few Bill Easton quotes that I am memorized actually, to be honest, its the only Bill Easton quote I know. Just googled him, turns out he was the coach of the legendary Billy Mills, maybe related to Scally, who knows.

I've been trying to break this quote down for a while now, figure out what it means, how to "marry" the track, I mean can't wear it on my finger, its kinda too big for that... It just seems like every time I have been on one for the last year and a bit it just hasn't been my friend, I dont what to do any more. I live and breathe jogging, have lost friends, lovers, family due to this obsession. I need help! I need to walk off the track one day feeling great... And lately this has not been happening.

Marry... Marry... Maybe thats my problem, I cant settle down, I have commitment issues?

For as long as I can remember the XC course has been my baby, and it has treating me well, I love her to death! Just wish her sister would feel the same way about me. I need a game plan! I need to figure out what the difference is between the two and make the necessary changes. Lets see here...

XC
ruff.
beard.
man.
hill.
ugly.
muddy.

TRACK
smooth.
shaved legs.
lady.
flat.
pretty.
clean.

Alright... Lets see here. I need to make a lot of changes.
Firstly, a sex change.

Lets put these rough days behind me.
RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment