Tuesday, June 19, 2012

13:22.8

It was the fastest time he ever ran for 5000m, and today it wouldn't even qualify him for the Olympics, but for some reason he is the pinnacle of distance running. Everyone looks up to him, everyone wants to be him, well maybe not everyone, I mean, non runners dont even know his name, or that he ever existed. Lets try this again, runners look up to him, runners wanna be him, and its not without reason, I mean, at the time he was the greatest runner in the USA. For a while I wondered what it would be like to feel like he did in a race, one where he pushed the pace, one where he looked to the infield to see the time on the scoreboard on the other side of Hayward Field or if he was looking back to see where his competitors were. But, I have never been in that position ever in a race.

This kinda changed the other day, it wasn't a race though, was just a workout, 15x400m. Just myself and DC rolling like we owned the place, but that was the crazy thing, I felt like we owned the place, when I lead the lap, I could feel a crowd, I could picture the scoreboard, it felt as if we broke away from the pack, and were all alone. I'd lead, and come around the far corner look over my left shoulder, looking for the scoreboard, looking for DC, looking for the chase pack behind us. It felt very PRE like. I dont know how else to explain it. It's like being on cloud nine. Amazing.

Speaking of looking over the shoulder though, I cant run and look over my right, I lose balance and almost fell over. I really hope SD doesn't have this problem the guy can barely run a straight line normally without falling over, I shouldn't that though, cause I think I have the record for falls this year at X... 5 or 6 big ones that I have scars from.

Free Advice:
Got a letter from my program director for school, turns out I needed a 65% average to continue in my program, and my average was WAY less than that. So upon receiving said letter I was expecting the worse. But the news was far from bad, I was accepted to continue my program. YIPPEE. So my free advice is:
A) Don't sleep with the teacher (only works in high school).
B) Sit front row and talk to the professor lots.
C) Dont fall asleep in class.

Stay in School.
rj

No comments:

Post a Comment