Tuesday, January 14, 2014

If Only I Could Walk, I Would Learn To Run.

So, as the title suggests, I am incapable of walking. This however is kind of a lie, as I can walk, but it is extremely painful. People who know me think I am somewhat a freak of nature as I rarely encounter painful experiences which are running related. I wanna then clear some stuff up, firstly due to the nature that this issue effects walking it is considered a walking injury. In the steps of growing up, one starts by crying, then lying on its stomach,then crawling, then walking, then finally running. Now I have cried, and spent considerable time lying down in a state of depression, and I think crawling around campus may be somewhat frowned upon, so now the next step is to walk, but thats where the trouble begins. My knee hurts.

As time goes on and I am continuously is this state of depression where it feels like my world is crashing down upon me, I sometimes snap out and see clearly. And this is what I have noticed.

Day 1: holy f*** this hurts, i'll take a day it'll come around.
Day 2: holy f*** it hurts still, okay, I can still save myself, gym hard!
Day 3: same as day 2
Day 4: same as day 3.
Day 5: enter physio, i am told to stop trying to stay in shape and let it heal.
Day 6: cool
Day 7: Im going stir crazy here!
Day 8: f*** it legs go run!
end of day 8: can't walk.

now a while back durr mentioned something on the top of injuries...
How to properly use an Elliptical.
And something else about the phases of an injury. Now to reiterate them to you is me, I am sorry if I screw up the order or am not as funny as the funny man himself but.

step 1: ahh just take a day.
step 2: this must be serious, better hammer the gym to stay fit.
step 3: denial, there is no point my life is over.
step 4: acceptance, I may actually be hurt.
step 5: I feel okay, lets go! and fails.
step 6: actual acceptance.

Okay lets slowly start putting the work back in focus on the future not the now.
Its a long way till NFL XC 2014.

rj

No comments:

Post a Comment