Monday, September 08, 2014

Chapter 1: Get Hydrated and Stay Regular.

     I guess we are doing this, some questions were answered, and for now the running gods are in my favour. Training Camp and Frosh Week happen to mingle pretty good, and 7:30 am runs are pretty killer... But not for this guy! I got to sleep early! Oh ya I'm the man! Seriously though, finally getting back to the team, and all the craziness of XC is exactly what I needed. If the coaches or media crew is reading this, the rookie party didn't happen and it wasn't awesome.

     Of course as the week progressed, the long days started to get to me, and once school started it was worse, I will admit I was kinda blessed and I had a class during one of our practice times so I had to partake in a solo venture. And not only did it recharge the batteries, but gave me the confidence I needed to realize that although my summer wasn't perfect, it was enough so that in the next 2 months I can still become the runner I had dreamed of being before CIS last year.

     Finally Saturday rolls around, the day of our TT, and some of the guys are a lil nervous, and being the person I am, can't let people get to worked up with the TT. My sister had got me a pair of FLASH boxers with a cape on them for X-mass. I figured what would lift some spirits and calm some nervous??

     Yeah, I ran the race in Boxer shorts!

     Now a team TT is always suppose to be pretty chill, but as always it never really turns out that way, for some reason, I put myself in a chase pack behind a lead group of 3. with about 1.5 km to go, I mad a decision to enter "no mans land" and try to move on the lead group. Now I know you people know of "no mans land" and there are two options, 1. Just keep slowing down, 2. Catch the group ahead. everyone knows the latter is very rare. So I put myself in a position to fail and kept working until I finally bridged the gap! The race ended shortly after.

You know what they say eh?
Not bad for a beer belly.

onward and upward from here my friends.

rj



ECA

No comments:

Post a Comment