Monday, April 14, 2014

Have You Ever Heard Of The....

     Other than the fact that I just received a package in the mail filled with easter candy, the exam season has been rough, later nights, early mornings, short lunch breaks. And all for what? Just so we can spend 14 hours studying. Because we all know that doesn't happen, the truth, we spend maximum 8 hours actually studying. I'm saying this because I needed a opening paragraph and because we, people, myself procrastinate a lot. It is a miracle that anyone ever gets anything done, I mean with facebook and all those quizzes to see what Johnny Depp character you are and what not. Jack Sparrow in case you were wondering. But the one procrastination website/thing to do/whatever is watching TED talks, and I watched one the other day with SD that kinda changed the way I look at tasks. (click here to check it out) It's 20min long. I know after watching a TED talk people always want to change their lives but I think just because I watched this one with someone and the idea is so simple it makes the life change worth while. 

     It's as simple as, if you have a task that you don't want to do, lets say 15 push-ups. If you wait 5 seconds without doing it, those push-ups won't get done. Example: "Do 10 push-ups"

1...2...3...4...5...

   Did you do them? I'm guessing no, who ever wants to do 10 push-ups. But to a runner like SD and myself it becomes more of a personal challenge to complete the little things that do not normally get done. Just last week after watching this TED talk I completed 350 push-ups in 6 days. Another being on friday I called SD. RJ:"Yo, pool run?" SD:"aww dude I dunno" RJ:"1...2...3--" SD:"I'm coming".

    Have it be peer pressure or just your brain realizing what it takes to actually be great. "We do what it takes, because that is what it means to be a Champion, and that's what Champions do" -Mo Farah.

   F*** the London Marathon was funny, I can't believe people thought Mo was going to win.


Gimme fever

rj

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment